What is the first thing you think of when someone mentions “bucket list?” For me, these are the things I want to do and experience throughout my entire life. Most often, it is a list of things that I am scared of but I’m willing to conquer it. For instance, skydiving or waterfalls diving!
Benefits of Bucket List
Bucket List encourages you to set goals to experience and accomplish. Be sure to mix up your list with smaller and larger goals. This way you are making sure that your bucket list is something you can attain and slowly check off. Focus on experiencing some new every day, week, month and year. This is also a great place for you to check back when you feel like doing something spontaneous. Above all that, bucket list does help you with three important things:
- Direction: This gives you a sense of direction in life. As you think of your goals and what you want to accomplish, you have a better understanding of a path you want to follow, may this be next year or in five years.
- Focus: Having specific goals helps you stay focused. When the days go by, be sure to put an effort in accomplishing your list.
- Purpose: What do you want out of life? Why? This is your purpose. When you look back five years from now and looking at the list, you want to smile and say “I lived my life” or “I want to continue to make a difference.”. Be sure to take time to reflect on your purpose when writing your list.
My Updated Bucket List
I personally LOVE bucket list which is why I have it highlighted on my home page. However, I do think I am due for an updated. Without spoiling it, here are some of the things I’ve added:
- Climb Mt. Batur for Sunrise
- See Victoria Falls From Zimbabwe
- Walk on Bazaruto Island in Mozambique
- Visit the Amazon
- Eat street foods in Vietnam, Thailand and Bali
- Capture my infamous jumping shot in all ten wonders of the world
- Trek through the Himalayas
- Save and travel for 6 months without worrying about bills
- Meet one of the most influential women in the world
- Design my own dream home
- Open my own restaurant or food truck business
- Work for Google
- Give back to the community and participate in at least 2-3 community involvement activities
As a gift, I did create a Printable 2018 Bucket List! Be sure to download and create your own.
Leave a Reply